Friday 6 June 2008

Scarlett Johansson Fears Tom Waits Attack

Scarlett Johansson fears that musician Tom Waits will attack her with a hammer for ruining his songs in her cover album tribute.

The 23-year old will release her compilation album Anywhere I Lay My Head in the U.S. next week, but fears her idol will not approve of her version of songs.

She tells the New York Post: "When I was presented with the idea, the ultimate goal was to not get chased down by Tom Waits and get my ass beat in a bar.

"I've heard from people who are friends with him that he's very pleased with it. He's been really supportive - not from the sidelines, but from a far, far distance.

"It was constantly in the back of my mind that if we did something Tom Waits hated, he'd come at me with a hammer."

The album also features vocals from David Bowie, who has praised her musical talents, but Johansson admits she has yet to receive approval from Waits himself.

Have you heard Scarlett’s singing? What do you think of it? Be sure to leave your comments below.